Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas Eight Semester Genap – Tak terasa Ulangan Tengah Semester akan dilangsungkan sebentar lagi. Tentunya kalian semua hendak mendapatkan nilai yang baik kan? Oleh karena tersebut kami hendak membantu teman-teman belajar bahasa inggris dengan soal tes bahasa inggris UTS yang dapat dipelajari di rumah. Bagi semua guru pun semoga dengan adanya soal ini dapat menolong dalam hal penciptaan soal UTS Bahasa Inggris di sekolah.
Yuk daripada basa basi terus anda langsung saja simak Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 8
Semester Genap TA 2017/2018 inilah ini.
Untuk yang mau mengunduh silahkan scroll terus kebawah, linknya terdapat di bawah yaaaa semua jagoans~
Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris SMP Semester Genap Tahun Ajaran 2017/2018 Kelas VIII
Read the text below carefully and choose the answer between A, B, C, D, or E
Text below is for question number 1 to 4
The Lion and The Mouse
Once when a lion was asleep, a little mouse began running up and down upon him; this soon awoke the lion, who placed his huge paw upon him, and open his big jaws to swallow him.
“Pardon, O king,” cried the little mouse, “Forgive me this time, I shall never forget it; perhaps I may be able to do you a good turn some of these days.” The lion was so tickled at the idea of the mouse being able to help him. Then, he lifted up his paw and let him go.
Sometime after, the lion was caught in a trap. Some hunters, who wanted to carry him alive to the King, tied him to a tree while they went in search of a wagon to carry him in. Just then, the little mouse happened to pass by and see the sad plight in which the lion was. The little mouse went up to him and soon gnawed away the ropes that bounded the king of the beasts. Soon after the little mouse had finished gnawing away the ropes, he asked the lion to run away.
1. What is the purpose of the text?
a. To entertain the readers
b. To persuade the readers that something should or should not be the case
c. To inform the readers about the events of the day which are considered newsworthy
d. To explain something
2. What is the moral value of the text?
a. Don’t look at someone because of his clothes
b. It is best for prepare for the days of necessity
c. Common people may prove great ones
d. United we stand, divided we fall
3. Paragraph three mainly tells us that ……
a. The little mouse asked for forgiveness
b. The hunters carried the lion alive to the King
c. The lion was tied to a tree by the hunters
d. The little mouse could prove that he could help the lion
4. What did the little mouse do to prove his words?
a. He would never forget the lion
b. He tried hard to help the lion free
c. He ran up and down upon the lion
d. He asked for apology to the king of the beast
5. Arrange the following utterances into a good dialogue between Lucy and Nana
1. It’s red and blue.
2. Nana, I think I have lost my only pencil.
3. I’m not sure I remember. Can you help me look for it?
4. Really? Where did you last see it?
5. Sure What is it like?
The correct arrangement is…….
a. 2 – 5 – 1 – 3 – 4
b. 2 – 4 – 1 – 3 – 5
c. 2 – 5 – 1 – 3 – 4
d. 2 – 4 – 3 – 5 – 1
6. Doni : May I help you carry those books?
Lingga : ……….. I can do it myself.
a. No, thanks
c. Of course
7. Dina : Would you like to come for dinner at my house?
Luki : ……. I have to visit my grandmother today.
a. I’d love to
b. That would be great
c. I would
d. I’m sorry I can’t
8. Dilan : Shall we go hiking to pangalengan next Saturday?
Milea : ……….. We really need fresh air after a busy week.
a. That would be great
b. That would be tiring
c. I’m sorry, I can’t
d. That would make us busy
9. Alucard : What do you think about our new classroom?
Ruby : ……… We need to clean it.
a. I think it’s too small
b. I think it’s very untidy
c. I think it’s very dirty
d. I think there are too many pictures
The text below is for question number 10 – 15
My Holiday in Flores
I went to flores last month. I went there to visit Australian Volunteer English teachers in Maumere, Ende and Bajawa. As a result, I also enjoyed the beauty of the island.
I started my first day in Maumere with Jo Keating. After visiting several schools in the city, we took an amazing journey over the mountains to the south coast. We visited a new junior high school there. Then, I traveled to Ende to meet Sharon Kidman. Ende has a great market with a lovely selection of traditional woven ikat cloth, and great seafood.
My next trip was to Detusoko, It is a mountain village. I went there with Ginny Edwards. Detusoko is not far from Mount Kelimutu. We woke up at 4 am to see the three different coloured lakes at dawn. It was truly inspiring.
My final trip was to Bajawa. It is a small town high in the mountains. It was a very cold place. Yet my trip was fun and memorable. I would like to go back to flores one day.
10. Where did the writer go on his first day?
c. The mountain village
d. Mount Kelimutu
11. Where did the writer go after visiting Ende?
d. Mount Kelimutu
12. What was the writer’s last destination?
d. Mount Kelimutu
13. Which of the following statements is false according to the text?
a. The writer visited some beaches in Maumere
b. After visiting Maumere, the writer went to Ende
c. After visiting Ende, the writer went to the mountain village
d. Bajawa is the writer’s third destination
14. Which of the following words is the synonym of “coast”?
15. Which of the following words is the antonym of “different”
16. Dinda : Would you pass me the sugar please?
Reva : …… Here you are.
a. I don’t think I would
c. I don’t think I could reach it
d. I’m sorry, I do not like sugar
17. Dety : What do you think about this building?
Rayya : ……. It looks fragile.
a. I think this building is very old
b. I think it is new
c. I think it is dirty
d. I think this building is very beautiful
18. Budi : You look very busy with that assignment. Would you like me to help you?
Kartika : …… I must do it by myself.
a. Thank you, I would
b. That would be very nice
c. That’s very kind of you, but it’s an individual assignment
d. Yes, please. I really need help
19. Dedi : Luki is very careless, what do you think about that?
Ratu : …… He often forgets where he puts his keys.
a. I cannot feel that it is right
b. I don’t think so
c. I think that’s wrong
d. I think you are right
20. Raina : Ruby is a nice person. Don’t you think so?
Afia : ……. He always likes to help anyone in need
a. You’re right
b. I’m not sure
c. That’s wrong
d. I really don’t think so.
Read the text below carefully
Long ago, in the Neverland, there lived a very beautiful princess, Snow White. The Queen was her stepmother. She was very jealous of her beauty. So she wanted her to die.
Snow white knew about the evil plan. She escaped into a forest. There she made friends with seven dwarfs.
The queen knew it and she turned herself into an old lady. Then, she came to the dwarfs house and meet Snow White.
Snow White didn’t realize that it was her stepmother. The old lady gave her a poisoned apple and Snow White ate it. As aresult, Snow White was put into sleep for years.
The dwarfs was very sad, until someone comes to save Snow White’s live. It is Prince from the another kingdom. He revived Snow White with a kiss. Then, Snow White was back alive and she married the prince. They lived happily ever after.
A. Answer these question based on the story above.
1. What kind of text is the story above?
2. When and where did the story happen?
3. What problems did Snow White have?
4. What happened to her then?
5. Who came to help her?
6. What did he to do to Snow White?
7. How did they live after that?
B. According to the story above, say whether each statement below is TRUE (T) OR FALSE (F)
1. Snow White was a beautiful queen. ……
2. Her own mother was jealous of her beauty. ……
3. Snow White ran away from her palace. ……
4. She lived with prince charming in a forest. ……
5. Snow white was poisoned by her stepmother. ……
6. Her stepmother was evil. ……
7. The dwarfs helped revive Snow White ……
8. Snow White and Prince Charming had a happy life after that ……
ANSWER KEY (KUNCI JAWABAN)
1. A. To entertain the readers
2. A. Don’t look someone because of his clothes
3. D. The little mouse could prove that he could help the lion
4. B. He tried hard to help the lion free
5. D. 2 – 4 – 3 – 5 – 1
6. A. No, Thanks
7. D. I’m Sorry I can’t
8. A. That would be great
9. C. I think it’s very dirty
10. B. Maumere
11. B. Datusoko
12. A. Bajawa
13. A. The writer visited some beaches in Maumere
14. A. Shore
15. B. Similar
17. A. I think this building is very old
18. C. That’s very kind of you, but it’s an individual assignment
19. D. I think you are right
20. A. You’re right
1. Narrative Text
2. The story happened in Neverland
3. Snow White’s stepmother wants to kill her because of her beauty
4. Snow white escaped to the forest then she met seven dwarfs
5. Prince Charming came to help her
6. He kiss Snow White until she awake
7. Snow White and Prince Charming married and live happily ever after.
Silahkan download Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 8 Semester Genap TA 2017/2018 pada link di bawah ini
Baiklah, lumayan sekian Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 8 Semester Genap TA 2017/2018 yang dapat kami berikan kali ini. Semoga dapat menolong dalam proses belajar melatih di sekolah. Thank you for